Monday, October 20, 2008

Local Area Nerdfest

It is said that most young women marry men similar to their fathers. I married one like my mother. I would just chalk this up to the odd observations that I make on a daily basis, but my mother also married a man, similar to her mother. I have to wonder what this is about.
I grew up with an aggressive father. Yes, without going into too much detail, he was and to this day, still is an aggressive man. Very aggressive. My mother, on the other hand, is extremely passive on her own. Not so much with my father- He "eggs" aggressive behavior out of her. Maybe that's what it is- Maybe we marry the person which counters our primary tendencies. I tend to be more aggressive on my own. My husband is, as I previously stated, VERY, very, very (am I making my point clear?) passive. Did I marry him to live out a passive side of own? To balance out? But then how do you explain the many women who marry men like their fathers? A close friend of mine married someone who is nearly, as far as personality is concerned, a mirrored image of her father. Is she well balanced where as my mother and I are not? Therefor another person to counter her strong personality is not necessary, but rather someone like her to enjoy? There must be some psycho-social explanation for all of this.

The weekend was fairly uneventful. Friday is actually a blur, Saturday I had to work and my son was ill and sleepy all day. My husband had a LAN party Saturday night at a friends house which he attended quite joyfully. For those of you who do not know- LAN stands for Local Area Network. These LAN parties are when, a group of fellow nerds like my husband, congregate to one place and play computer games together for generally LONG periods of time. I have heard that prior to his marriage to me, they would go on for weeks at a time. I won't even lie, I am glad that I never had to see those days. It was torturous for me to go to bed without him here, but there was something nice about feeling missed. He came home early in the morning with kisses to my forehead and cuddles (he probably doesn't know that I know that he did this, I pretended to be asleep). The rest of Sunday was mellow, we watched the New York Jets make a mockery of themselves yet again with some pizza and then hung out the rest of the evening. It was nice. It is rare that we get weekends like this anymore. : )

Bear is asleep, and I am dizzy. I hate this feeling. Just this woozy blegh.

No time to be ill. Cleaning to be done and it is nearly one o'clock and I have yet to even get a shower. No time like the present- Shower for me.

Have a lovely day!

Rach

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I just want to write. : ) That's all.

Followers

My Blog List