Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Gigs are nerd for gigabyte

No adventures today. I was woken up by a screaming child several times last night and the optimistic side of me, however minuscule, assumed that that meant he would perhaps sleep late today. I was wrong. I woke up to the screaming boy at about 730am. I got up, fed him, got ready for the day, and was decent in time to see Daddy, Pop Pop and Aunt Terri off to work for the day.

X went to sleep for nap, round one, at about 930am, which was early for him. His sleep schedule is quite messed up as of recent days- I have yet to figure out what the problem is, and how to remedy it. I have been sick since last week, so perhaps he is fighting something off. Go antibodies, go!

I got a lot of cleaning done, looked at the clock- it was about 1045am and while it was too early for lunch- I knew it was probably the only chance that I was going to get between then and about two. So I reached into the refrigerator, pulled out some ingredients for salad. Actually just one- I don't know if you've ever had them, but one of those Dole insta-salads (as we call them in my home). It's a big bag of lettuce with a pack of croutons, Parmesan- Romano cheese, and salad dressing. We like the Garlic Caesar. Very convenient for Mommies that don't have time to pee without interruption let alone pull pieces of lettuce apart and shred cheese. Where was I? OH salad and my five minute lunch. I poured the necessary ingredients out as my mouth watered at my healthy treat and then made my way to the living room to enjoy it with a yogurt drink and television. I never used to watch television. It's sad. Now I could probably quote TLC's runtime schedules to you off of the top of my head. It could be worse, I suppose. I could be watching Lifetime...

Anyway, it was no sooner that I took a stab at my salad and opened my mouth to receive it that little boy decided to wake up screaming yet again. I don't know how he does this. It would seem that whenever I lift a fork or spoon or piece of food to my mouth, he instantly senses it and yelps for me. Usually this yelping is in a manner that causes me to drop what I am doing and RUN to him. I am now learning that this is the beginning of boundary testing, and I must let him scream himself unconscious. Oh how I despise letting him cry. However I know that my sanity and his well-being somewhat rests on it. So I guess it's that time. They don't tell you this stuff on the "before you leave the hospital" tapes.

So my day would trudge on. Daddy comes home with Pop Pop around one fifteen, and all of a sudden my cranky little boy has his charm back. That would figure. Pop Pop leaves- Baby screams again. Amazing. Daddy pops his head over my shoulder as I talk to my boy about how it's just not nice to yell at Mommy and he whines back to me, but has smiles and chatter for Daddy. I don't know what that is about. But it's just not fair.

My darling husband bought something for the computer last week and it came in today. I asked him what it was and he said with stars in his eyes, "Two gigs of RAM!" It was very cute. You'd think he'd found some rare coin with a metal detector by the way he had said it.

Day to evening, evening to night, more screaming. And now bedtime. Ahhhhh bedtime. Not for me of course. I've got two or so more hours of work to be done before I get to bed. Love is not home yet, and I do not sleep unless I know that Noah and XJ are here safe with me. Ohhh Mommyhood.

Over and out

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I just want to write. : ) That's all.

Followers

My Blog List